Early Bird Registration for the next DE Workshop in December
- Date : Wednesday December 03, 2014
- Venue : Bangkok
Â 17th Developement Education Workshop - December 3 to 9, 2014 - Bangkok, Thailand
Early Bird Registration by September 30, 2014
What is the Asian DEP?
The Development Education Program (DEP) is anÂ intensive personal motivation and awareness raisingÂ process that begins with the participation in a fi ve daysÂ residential workshop conducted by the Association ofÂ Asian Confederation of Credit Unions.
The Asian Development Education Program started inÂ 1999. ACCU, after attending the Australian DE ProgramÂ has generated tremendous motivation and obligation toÂ replicate the Australian DEP course in Asia. From 1999Â to 2004, CUFA had supported this endeavor to multiplyÂ the impact to as many Asian credit unions as possible.Â WAW Credit Union in Australia continued to support theÂ Asian DE program from 2005.
The Asian DE program shares the unique experience andÂ culture of Development Educators extending to everyÂ part of Asia Pacifi c and Africa (Australia, Bangladesh,Â Fiji, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malaysia,Â Mauritius, Nepal, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia,Â Cambodia, Hong Kong and Korea). Asian DE programÂ emphasizes on the enhancement of presentation skillsÂ and provides inputs on the burning issues affecting theÂ viability and growth of credit unions. Understanding theÂ development issues will keep the DEs more appreciativeÂ of the value of their jobs as they play an importantÂ role in building strong fi nancial cooperatives for theÂ community. With the support of all members, ACCU isÂ facing a new decade of commitment to offer this uniqueÂ educational and transformational experience for creditÂ union leaders and professionals in Asia through the DEÂ program. From 1999, ACCU has certifi ed 503 DEs. TheyÂ have performed extremely well in their presentations,Â developed self-confi dence, and widened understandingÂ of global credit union system and issues.Â
Why you should attend theÂ Development EducationÂ Workshop?
â€¢ PERK UP your presentation skills
â€¢ INCREASE your confi dence and knowledge ofÂ the global credit unions
â€¢ DEVELOP your ability to perform under pressure
â€¢ GAIN greater understanding of development andÂ social issues affecting credit union growth
â€¢ ENHANCE teamwork skills
â€¢ KEEP ABREAST of the current developmentÂ issues in credit unions
â€¢ IMPROVE your appreciation of different culturalÂ values
â€¢ ENHANCE your understanding of the value ofÂ cooperation
â€¢ DEVELOP your confi dence to perform in areasÂ outside current knowledge and skill
â€¢ NETWORK and EXCHANGE IDEAS with creditÂ union leaders and professionals outside yourÂ country
Who should attend & How to Apply?
Apart from possessing an interest in the broader issues within the Credit Union Movement, potential DevelopmentÂ Educators generally must:
- Be an employee or volunteer in a credit union, institute, association or National Federation of credit unions;
- Have credit union experience and knowledge plus the potential to learn or enhance presentation andÂ writing skills;
- Have the time available to make use of opportunities to promote the movementâ€™s values when occasion arise;
- Good in spoken and written English;
- Submit an application on the form provided meeting all the criteria and pre- selection requirements.
Shared Accommodation - US$ 550
Single Accommodation - US$ 650
Early Bird Discount of US$ 50, if payment is received on or before September 30, 2014
The registration fee includes:
- Twin/single room accommodation during the workshop from December 3 to 8, 2014
- Meals from dinner of December 3 to breakfast of December 9, 2014
- Credit Union Visit
- Workshop Kit
Note: Additional cost for accommodation at the same hotel is US$ 30/room/day if participant is arrivingÂ before December 3 and departing after December 9.
- Bank transfer or bank draft
- Online Payment
Cancellation and Transfers:
- If you are unable to attend, a substitute participant is welcome to attend in your place (same gender)Â at no additional charges provided you inform on or before November 3, 2014.
- A full refund, less 20% administrative charge, will be given if cancellation is received in writing atÂ least 15 working days (November 12) prior to the workshop.
- A 50% refund will be given if cancellation is received in writing at least 7 working days (November 24) priorÂ to the workshop.
- No refund can be made for cancellation received less than 7 days before the workshop.
For more information or registration, contact email@example.com